Rhiza Labs FluTracker Forum

The place to discuss the flu
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 268 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 27  Next
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:22 pm 

No no no no. The worst thing that can be done is for that to be spread around.
Look at those links, hardly credible!

I agree with Mkey, this fella looks like he is fear mongering.
IF he just made this up, and we can actually disprove this story (by ship location etc) he should be reported to the authorities.

How many people will be too afraid to vaccinate their children because of a made up lie? How many children will DIE because they listened to this guy?
:mad: Who apparently is NOT a real doctor and has NOTHING to supply to authenticate his story?
Now if a ship comes in today then we can re-look the issue. But I am in San Diego and so far I havent heard anything.

If he didnt lie we should be able to show that ship sailed into San DIEGO today.
We should also be able to see who is listed as the captain of that ship now and past.

I feel like am with MKEY on this one. You guys need to consider the credibility of the source before you buy into it. If he is "above board" then he should be able to substantiate this story with fact. Its a bit difficult to hide a full ship.

I am raised military, I was a military dependent most of my life, I was in the military, and the majority of my friends are still military. And everyone of them (enlisted and com) are saying they are just starting to get shots THIS WEEK.

So this story does not make sense to me.
And if this is FRAUD the man needs to be locked up. LIES like that
can KILL people.

I need something that shows this is truly fraud.
If he is lying about this, it is VERY serious matter.
You do NOT play with peoples lives for ratings.

If ONE child dies because their parent listened to this guy, and it is proved he is lying and fear mongering, I hope everyone will file a class action on him for intended malice and manslaughter.

There is enough to TRULY be concerned about, than to deal with lies like this if that is what this is. And if that is what this is, I think we should all be outraged.

It is people like that that gives us all "eye rollers" as we get associated with that kind. The difference is we have data and facts in hand.

WHERE IS THE SHIP?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:33 pm 

TheHappyScientist wrote:
No no no no. The worst thing that can be done is for that to be spread around.
Look at those links, hardly credible!

I agree with Mkey, this fella looks like he is fear mongering.
IF he just made this up, and we can actually disprove this story (by ship location etc) he should be reported to the authorities.

How many people will be too afraid to vaccinate their children because of a made up lie? How many children will DIE because they listened to this guy?
:mad: Who apparently is NOT a real doctor and has NOTHING to supply to authenticate his story?
Now if a ship comes in today then we can re-look the issue. But I am in San Diego and so far I havent heard anything.

If he didnt lie we should be able to show that ship sailed into San DIEGO today.
We should also be able to see who is listed as the captain of that ship now and past.

I feel like am with MKEY on this one. You guys need to consider the credibility of the source before you buy into it. If he is "above board" then he should be able to substantiate this story with fact. Its a bit difficult to hide a full ship.

I am raised military, I was a military dependent most of my life, I was in the military, and the majority of my friends are still military. And everyone of them (enlisted and com) are saying they are just starting to get shots THIS WEEK.

So this story does not make sense to me.
And if this is FRAUD the man needs to be locked up. LIES like that
can KILL people.

I need something that shows this is truly fraud.
If he is lying about this, it is VERY serious matter.
You do NOT play with peoples lives for ratings.

If ONE child dies because their parent listened to this guy, and it is proved he is lying and fear mongering, I hope everyone will file a class action on him for intended malice and manslaughter.

There is enough to TRULY be concerned about, than to deal with lies like this if that is what this is. And if that is what this is, I think we should all be outraged.

It is people like that that gives us all "eye rollers" as we get associated with that kind. The difference is we have data and facts in hand.

WHERE IS THE SHIP?

I know it makes people very leary, especially if you are on the edge anyway, about vaccination. But the whole thing is truly weird, but it does make you wonder. So you live in SD. Watch for the damn ship, I guess that is not your job. is it. Whe we get into situations like emergencies, all kind of weirdos come out and this I think is one of them. People do your homework, but do not listen to this person about the deaths and illness, until or if it is confirmed.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:55 pm 

??? LOL Ive been watching and asking about the ship all morning. San Diego is a very big place i actually drove down to take a gander but it wasnt possible.
All the ships look the same to me and there are many here.
I figured it was better to call around and see what I can find out.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:37 pm 

TheHappyScientist wrote:
??? LOL Ive been watching and asking about the ship all morning. San Diego is a very big place i actually drove down to take a gander but it wasnt possible.
All the ships look the same to me and there are many here.
I figured it was better to call around and see what I can find out.

I know I was kidding. Who knows what is going on. Why do you not go home and have a glass of wine, if you drink and relax. have a good friday night. It is beautiful in California, so we need to enjoy while we can. :D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:37 pm 

:thumbsup: Dam straight ;)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:40 pm 

TheHappyScientist wrote:
:thumbsup: Dam straight ;)

I wish I lived by you. Have a good weekend.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:47 pm 

Okay, I've been researching this story in between patients. I've found out a few pertinent facts.

1. Much of the wording of the story being circulated now as if it is current news (starting on September 24th) was stolen verbatim from a true CBS news story dated July 21st. The base true story was radically altered, with dramatic fictional elements added, and "rebranded" to make it appear it's happening now. It isn't.

2. Regarding the allegedly "dead" officers, given as simply "the captain and the master chief petty officer" -- Captain Mark L. Cedrun and Command Master Chief Petty Officer Ray Burrhus are both alive and well and occupy their posts, which they've occupied for over a year. NO change of command was recorded on the military websites (even though I found every other changeover going back 5 years) or on the USS Boxer's homepage, where Captain Cedrun is clearly listed as STILL in command (pretty good for a corpse, wouldn't you say?). There were NO death or funeral stories anywhere on the web (other than Ott, et. al's garbage story). One website I visited even had a comment from a sailor stating that the stories were fabricated and that, while a bunch of people got sick with flu in July (something we knew), everyone recovered and nobody died. He called the story BS. I was able to verify the sailor is who he claims to be. Captain Cedrun and the Master Chief would probably be quite shocked to find out that some vaccination conspiracy wingnuts are spreading rumors that they died of swine flu.

3. The Timeline: Was the ship ever under a 60-day at-sea quarantine? Answer: NO!

June 25th: Phuket, Thailand -- ship put into port. Some marines from the ship got in trouble with the law over a jet ski incident, thus establishing a paper trail. Many sailors and marines partook of shore leave.
July 17th: Ship puts into port at Pearl Harbor. During ocean transit from Thailand, 69 crew members out of almost 3,000 became ill with the flu. The sick crew members are kept on board ship and tested for H1N1 with positive results. Their cases were reported in the news by CBS and on military and flu surveillance sites, ours included. Healthy crew members disembarking for shore leave were screened with thermography equipment. Many crew members wandered around Waikiki and Honolulu for beach parties, shopping, and fun.
Quote:
Boxer's Morale Welfare and Recreation Department arranged numerous tours and activities for the crew, including a snorkeling trip and a hike up one of Oahu's most recognized landmarks, Diamond Head State Monument. The crew also enjoyed shopping for gifts and the scenic beauty of the islands.
http://www.navy.mil/search/display.asp?story_id=47043

July 24th: Boxer departed Oahu bound for the West Coast.
July 30th: Boxer stopped at Camp Pendleton to disembark the Marines of the 13th MEU. A party was held to welcome the Marines home after 7 months duty.
August 5th: Boxer arrived at its home port in San Diego for furlough after being deployed since January (San Diego is where it has been ever since). USS Boxer (Pier 13), USS New Orleans (Pier 10), USS Comstock (Pier 6). Note the date it arrived in San Diego...It isn't today, as the story claimed. Video of the welcome home, showing the ship arriving, sailors coming down the ramp, kissing their family members, etc. was published in several spots on the web. Quite a few news stories about it.
August 12th: The allegedly dead captain of the ship took part in a bike race/rally in San Diego. Looked very healthy for a dead man! ;)

It's pretty clear from the above DOCUMENTED events that there was never a 60-day, at-sea, ship-wide quarantine, nor did the Captain and Command Master Chief Petty Officer die of swine flu while at sea, nor did the ship arrive back in San Diego today, all as alleged by the now thoroughly debunked story. :banned:

(If anyone would like links to verify each of the statements made above, I'll be happy to provide them. I have about two pages worth. :grin:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:13 pm 

MKey1 = Shirlock Hlomes! :good:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:13 am 

Can you PM me those links,
Im pretty upset someone would make something up like that, and spread it around.
People could choose to not vaccinate their children based on his BS.
We need to make a counter-UTUBE video that pops up next to his and spells this out. People need to know he is a fraud.

Great work you should have been a detective!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:33 am 

Thanks Mkey. I was telling my husband about it and he was getting the H1N1 vaccination as he works in a hospital. But then he said, see if it is true. So it may have changed his mind. It may have changed his mind. You are great.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 268 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 27  Next