Rhiza Labs FluTracker Forum

The place to discuss the flu
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:42 am
Posts: 56044
Location: Pittsburgh, PA USA
China has retroactivity acknowledge 4 H7N9 cases from the Fifth Peoples Hospital in the MinHang District. The media release did not include age, gender, disease onset, or hospitalization dates (other than the fact that the cases were from March).

The data presented matched prior media reports on the two sons (55M and 69M) of the first confirmed case (87M) whose age and gender, as well as outcomes were well known. Moreover the PCR confirmed cases match additional cases at the hospital which were alos described in prior media reports.

These cases appear to confirmed a familial cluster with H2H transmission, as well as a clustering of at least 6 confirmed cases at the hospital.

The delay in confirmation, as well as WHO systematic delays in announcing this cluster, are cause for concern.

_________________
www.twitter.com/hniman


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:42 am
Posts: 56044
Location: Pittsburgh, PA USA
April 15 , the City Health and Family Planning Commission, then the national CDC letter informed case samples submitted to the national CDC Shanghai Fifth People's Hospital in late March, detected four cases of human infection with the H7N9 avian influenza virus-positive cases. Isolated from samples of which 2 cases of human infection with the H7N9 avian influenza virus, 2 cases of convalescent serum antibody titers were more than four times higher. City Health and Family Planning Organization of municipal clinical expert group to discuss these cases, the diagnosis of human infection confirmed cases of the H7N9 avian flu. In these four cases, two patients died, two patients have been cured.

http://wsj.sh.gov.cn/website/b/104107.shtml

_________________
www.twitter.com/hniman


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:42 am
Posts: 56044
Location: Pittsburgh, PA USA
Four other patients got sick in late March, and their samples were sent to the Chinese Center for Disease Control in Beijing. Two of the patients died and two recovered. Their age, gender, and illness onset weren't mentioned in the report, which was also unclear about what testing methods were used to confirm the H7N9 findings.

http://www.cidrap.umn.edu/cidrap/conten ... china.html

_________________
www.twitter.com/hniman


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:42 am
Posts: 56044
Location: Pittsburgh, PA USA
March 8, 2013 08:52
Source: LONDON author: Gu Yiqin

LONDON, March 8: i Times newspaper reported yesterday net transfer to Minhang now unexplained deaths, rumors verification department by the health department. Microblogging yesterday said the sudden onset of Minhang District, "a family of four, just two days from discovery to respiratory failure, respiratory failure associated with circulatory failure death of two, in the end is so far not clear what kind of flu".

In response, the city health department verification microblogging preaching wrong.

According to reports, the city and five hospitals from 14 to 24, has a family of three admitted due to fever, cough treatment, the hospital started in the early morning of the 26th plan reported Minhang District Center for Disease Control sampling and epidemiological investigation. After consultation, the three patients are pneumonia, inspection by the Shanghai Public Health Clinical Center, exclude SARS, bird flu, novel coronavirus and swine flu and other infectious diseases.

Experts believe that two people died (age 87,57 years old) suffering from a number of basic diseases, and lung of severe infections caused by. Another patient (69 years old) is still hospitalized in stable condition.

Health care workers in close contact with the patient and family members had no disease.

http://sh.eastday.com/m/20130308/u1a7242430.html

_________________
www.twitter.com/hniman


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:42 am
Posts: 56044
Location: Pittsburgh, PA USA
niman wrote:
March 8, 2013 08:52
Source: LONDON author: Gu Yiqin

LONDON, March 8: i Times newspaper reported yesterday net transfer to Minhang now unexplained deaths, rumors verification department by the health department. Microblogging yesterday said the sudden onset of Minhang District, "a family of four, just two days from discovery to respiratory failure, respiratory failure associated with circulatory failure death of two, in the end is so far not clear what kind of flu".

In response, the city health department verification microblogging preaching wrong.

According to reports, the city and five hospitals from 14 to 24, has a family of three admitted due to fever, cough treatment, the hospital started in the early morning of the 26th plan reported Minhang District Center for Disease Control sampling and epidemiological investigation. After consultation, the three patients are pneumonia, inspection by the Shanghai Public Health Clinical Center, exclude SARS, bird flu, novel coronavirus and swine flu and other infectious diseases.

Experts believe that two people died (age 87,57 years old) suffering from a number of basic diseases, and lung of severe infections caused by. Another patient (69 years old) is still hospitalized in stable condition.

Health care workers in close contact with the patient and family members had no disease.

http://sh.eastday.com/m/20130308/u1a7242430.html

The above March 8 translation describes the familial cluster who entered the Fifth Peoples hospital between February 14th to 24th with severe pneumonia. By the time of the above media report one son was dead, as was the father. The other son recovered. The father was the first confirmed H7N9 case and the sequences. A/Shanghai/2013, was released when the first three confirmed cases were announced three weeks later on March 30.
At that time WHO should have been well aware of this H2H cluster.

_________________
www.twitter.com/hniman


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:42 am
Posts: 56044
Location: Pittsburgh, PA USA
Two die from H7N9 bird flu in Shanghai
Xinhua, March 31, 2013

Three cases of human infection with H7N9 avian influenza have been detected recently in Shanghai and Anhui Province, and two of them have died, the other being in a critical condition, the National Health and Family Planning Commission said Sunday.

The victims include an 87-year-old male in Shanghai who got sick on Feb. 19 and died on March 4, a 27-year-old male in Shanghai who became ill on Feb. 27 and died on March 10, and a 35-year-old female in Chuzhou City of Anhui who became ill on March 9 and is now in a critical condition.

They all showed initial symptoms of fever and coughs which developed into severe pneumonia and difficult breathing in later stages, according to the report.

On Saturday, the three cases were confirmed to be human infection with H7N9 avian influenza by an expert team summoned by the health and family planning commission, based on clinical observation, laboratory tests and epidemiological surveys.

On Friday, the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Preservation separated the H7N9 bird flu virus from body samples of the patients.

So far, the commission said, it is unclear how the three got infected, and no mutual infections were discovered among them. Besides, no abnormalities were detected among 88 of their close contacts.


http://www.china.org.cn/china/2013-03/3 ... 409396.htm

_________________
www.twitter.com/hniman


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:42 am
Posts: 56044
Location: Pittsburgh, PA USA
niman wrote:
Two die from H7N9 bird flu in Shanghai
Xinhua, March 31, 2013

Three cases of human infection with H7N9 avian influenza have been detected recently in Shanghai and Anhui Province, and two of them have died, the other being in a critical condition, the National Health and Family Planning Commission said Sunday.

The victims include an 87-year-old male in Shanghai who got sick on Feb. 19 and died on March 4, a 27-year-old male in Shanghai who became ill on Feb. 27 and died on March 10, and a 35-year-old female in Chuzhou City of Anhui who became ill on March 9 and is now in a critical condition.

They all showed initial symptoms of fever and coughs which developed into severe pneumonia and difficult breathing in later stages, according to the report.

On Saturday, the three cases were confirmed to be human infection with H7N9 avian influenza by an expert team summoned by the health and family planning commission, based on clinical observation, laboratory tests and epidemiological surveys.

On Friday, the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Preservation separated the H7N9 bird flu virus from body samples of the patients.

So far, the commission said, it is unclear how the three got infected, and no mutual infections were discovered among them. Besides, no abnormalities were detected among 88 of their close contacts.


http://www.china.org.cn/china/2013-03/3 ... 409396.htm

The above is the initial announcement on the first 3 confirmed H7N0 cases which included the father (87M). He had not left his residence in the two weeks prior to disease onset. Both of his sons had been hospitalized (at Fifth Peoples Hospital in Minhang District) with severe pneumonia and one died, yet the above release cites "no abnormalities" among close contacts.

_________________
www.twitter.com/hniman


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:42 am
Posts: 56044
Location: Pittsburgh, PA USA
Human infection with influenza A(H7N9) virus in China

1 April 2013 - On 31 March 2013, the China Health and Family Planning Commission notified the World Health Organization (WHO) of three cases of human infection with influenza A(H7N9). The cases were laboratory confirmed on 29 March by China CDC. Laboratory testing for influenza A(H3N2), A (H1N1)pdm09 and A(H5N1), as well as for novel coronavirus, has been negative.

The cases were reported from Shanghai (2 cases) and Anhui province (1 case). All three cases presented with respiratory tract infection with progression to severe pneumonia and breathing difficulties. Disease onset was between 19 February and 15 March 2013. Two of the cases died. The third case is currently in critical condition.

To date no epidemiological link between the cases has been identified. An investigation including follow-up of contacts is ongoing. So far no further cases have been identified among the 88 identified contacts under follow up.

http://www.who.int/csr/don/2013_04_01/en/index.html

_________________
www.twitter.com/hniman


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:44 am
Posts: 926
niman wrote:
niman wrote:
March 8, 2013 08:52
Source: LONDON author: Gu Yiqin

LONDON, March 8: i Times newspaper reported yesterday net transfer to Minhang now unexplained deaths, rumors verification department by the health department. Microblogging yesterday said the sudden onset of Minhang District, "a family of four, just two days from discovery to respiratory failure, respiratory failure associated with circulatory failure death of two, in the end is so far not clear what kind of flu".

In response, the city health department verification microblogging preaching wrong.

According to reports, the city and five hospitals from 14 to 24, has a family of three admitted due to fever, cough treatment, the hospital started in the early morning of the 26th plan reported Minhang District Center for Disease Control sampling and epidemiological investigation. After consultation, the three patients are pneumonia, inspection by the Shanghai Public Health Clinical Center, exclude SARS, bird flu, novel coronavirus and swine flu and other infectious diseases.

Experts believe that two people died (age 87,57 years old) suffering from a number of basic diseases, and lung of severe infections caused by. Another patient (69 years old) is still hospitalized in stable condition.

Health care workers in close contact with the patient and family members had no disease.

http://sh.eastday.com/m/20130308/u1a7242430.html

The above March 8 translation describes the familial cluster who entered the Fifth Peoples hospital between February 14th to 24th with severe pneumonia. By the time of the above media report one son was dead, as was the father. The other son recovered. The father was the first confirmed H7N9 case and the sequences. A/Shanghai/2013, was released when the first three confirmed cases were announced three weeks later on March 30.
At that time WHO should have been well aware of this H2H cluster.


To play devil's advocate (or a Chinese health official), non H2H family clusters are possible when they have the same poultry source. However, the onset dates would need to be the same.

Here, we have a family with different sequential onset dates? Therefore H2H transmission?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:42 am
Posts: 56044
Location: Pittsburgh, PA USA
niman wrote:
Human infection with influenza A(H7N9) virus in China

1 April 2013 - On 31 March 2013, the China Health and Family Planning Commission notified the World Health Organization (WHO) of three cases of human infection with influenza A(H7N9). The cases were laboratory confirmed on 29 March by China CDC. Laboratory testing for influenza A(H3N2), A (H1N1)pdm09 and A(H5N1), as well as for novel coronavirus, has been negative.

The cases were reported from Shanghai (2 cases) and Anhui province (1 case). All three cases presented with respiratory tract infection with progression to severe pneumonia and breathing difficulties. Disease onset was between 19 February and 15 March 2013. Two of the cases died. The third case is currently in critical condition.

To date no epidemiological link between the cases has been identified. An investigation including follow-up of contacts is ongoing. So far no further cases have been identified among the 88 identified contacts under follow up.

http://www.who.int/csr/don/2013_04_01/en/index.html

First confirmation by WHO withholds the age and gender of the cases to hide the fact that the first case is the father in the Minhang cluster. They also use "further" in the claim of no illness in contacts to exclude the earlier illness in both sons and they fail to note that both sons of the index case had severe pneumonia and one died.

_________________
www.twitter.com/hniman


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 55 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group