Rhiza Labs FluTracker Forum

The place to discuss the flu
It is currently Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:32 am 

emrj wrote:
niman wrote:
Here is a quick summary. WHO and China did all that they could to "hide" this cluster, which involved H2H transmission in February. The cases were not announced until the end of March, even though the media described the cluster on March 7. Bloggers who said the deaths ere due to flu were arrested and fined for spreading false rumors. After the announcement, media reports noted that there were SEVERAL PCR confirmed cases at the Fifth Peoples Hospital, including additional deaths and discharges. One was the second confirmed death, whose family threatened to sue the hospital because they said the cluster family infected him (27M). However, the sequences didn't match because the second case was infected by OTHER cases at the hospital (representing more H2H). The hospital compensated the family of the second confirmed case (because an investigation would conclude he WAS infected at the hospital and there were multiple UNREPORTED cases). Two of these unreported cases were also disclosed today (there were four disclosures at the Fifth Peoples hospital). The two confirmed serologically were the sons, while the two PCR confirmed were two of the UNREPORTED cases.

Thus, China has now acknowledged SIX confirmed cases at the hospital., including 4 deaths, but these were acknowledged a month after the fact and involve multiple examples of H2H transmission in the house of the familial cluster, as well as the hospital.

Holi canoli. With the above scenario, the cat is WAY out of the bag and has been for more than a month. Who do you think is responsible for this obfuscation and what do they hope to accomplish? From my perspective, there is no stopping this now. Why beat around the bush about it?

Thanks!

Actually, the H2H in the family was in February (one of the sons was hospitalized on February 14 and the father had symptoms on February 19). The transmission in the hospital was in March also because lab confirmation was made prior to the April 1 media report.

I think the delay was a group effort. China and WHO had hoped the spread would stop, so they held off and then went through their routine of no H2H, followed by no confirmed H2H, followed by common source, followed by no sustained H2H, all of which is SOP.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:41 am 

It is worth noting that a least one babble board (you can guess which one) is pulling down Recombinomics links to maintain the charade.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:49 am 

niman wrote:
Dingo wrote:
Thanks for that.

I'm afraid I have no confidence in the info we are receiving from there.

Makes you also wonder what other H2H clusters there are that we don't know about.

The Ministry of Agriculture indicated 47,801 birds were tested to get 39 H7N9 positives. H7N9 in poultry is rare and the avian sequences lack PB2 E627K, which is in all four human sequences.

ALL of the current H7N9 cases in China are due to H2H.

If nothing else, that's bugger all avian infections which pints to H2H.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:25 am 

niman wrote:
Dingo wrote:
Thanks for that.

Makes you also wonder what other H2H clusters there are that we don't know about.

The Ministry of Agriculture indicated 47,801 birds were tested to get 39 H7N9 positives. H7N9 in poultry is rare and the avian sequences lack PB2 E627K, which is in all four human sequences.

Get your flu antivirals ready. Pick your flavour. Tamiflu, Relenza or Inavir. ( if you know someone in Japan ) Beware high level esistance to Tamilfu. Low level resistance to Relenza. Inavir unknown.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:47 am 

cpg wrote:
niman wrote:
Dingo wrote:
Thanks for that.

Get your flu antivirals ready. Pick your flavour. Tamiflu, Relenza or Inavir. ( if you know someone in Japan ) Beware high level esistance to Tamilfu. Low level resistance to Relenza. Inavir unknown.

There is no significant data on Tamiflu resistance in N9.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:47 am 

Commentary

http://www.recombinomics.com/News/04171 ... ang_6.html

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:06 am 

cpg wrote:
niman wrote:
Dingo wrote:
Thanks for that.

Still own Biota shares? If so, why don't you declare that when you post about anti-virals?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:18 am 

ALL of the current H7N9 cases in China are due to H2H.[/quote]

Get your flu antivirals ready. Pick your flavour. Tamiflu, Relenza or Inavir. ( if you know someone in Japan ) Beware high level esistance to Tamilfu. Low level resistance to Relenza. Inavir unknown.[/quote]
There is no significant data on Tamiflu resistance in N9.[/quote]

Yes quite right. Just like there is no significant official data on H2H H7N9 spread but that doesn't stop you. Of the first three sequence reported from this outbreak we saw one with 292 which confers high resistance for Tamiflu . We will wait and see if others have 292

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-04-1 ... tests.html

For what's its worth. I agree that this is spreading H2H and we are being mislead.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:38 am 

cpg wrote:

Get your flu antivirals ready. Pick your flavour. Tamiflu, Relenza or Inavir. ( if you know someone in Japan ) Beware high level esistance to Tamilfu. Low level resistance to Relenza. Inavir unknown.[/quote]
There is no significant data on Tamiflu resistance in N9.[/quote]

Yes quite right. Just like there is no significant official data on H2H H7N9 spread but that doesn't stop you. Of the first three sequence reported from this outbreak we saw one with 292 which confers high resistance for Tamiflu . We will wait and see if others have 292

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-04-1 ... tests.html

For what's its worth. I agree that this is spreading H2H and we are being mislead.[/quote]
You are trying to extrapolate N2 data to N9. A given change may produce a different effect on a different genetic background. The CDC said they tested A/Shanghai/1/2013 N9 in a functional assay and did not see resistance.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:29 am 

Gregory Härtl ‏@HaertlG 4m
We are exploring the possibility that #H7N9 can be spread between people; as yet there is no evidence of sustained H2H transmission.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next