Rhiza Labs FluTracker Forum

The place to discuss the flu
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:59 am 

I have contacted the CDC regarding the release of the sequences from the Washington County Fair in Pennsylvania. Tom Skinner from media relations indicated the sequences were at GISAID and would be uploaded to Genbank (as seen in response pasted below).

I have not seen these sequences at either database. I have e-mailed GISAID, Genbank, and Becky Garten at the CDC regarding the status of the sequences.

The sequences are in the GISAID data base and GenBank is in the process of uploading them.

Tom Skinner
Senior Public Affairs Officer
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:05 am 

niman wrote:
I have contacted the CDC regarding the release of the sequences from the Washington County Fair in Pennsylvania. Tom Skinner from media relations indicated the sequences were at GISAID and would be uploaded to Genbank (as seen in response pasted below).

I have not seen these sequences at either database. I have e-mailed GISAID, Genbank, and Becky Garten at the CDC regarding the status of the sequences.

The sequences are in the GISAID data base and GenBank is in the process of uploading them.

Tom Skinner

He did not have any accession numbers.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:28 am 

niman wrote:

Tom Skinner

GISAID has replied (auto-response). They are checking.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:29 am 

niman wrote:

Tom Skinner

Genbank has replied. They are checking (and quite interested).

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:34 am 

I have also contacted the Pennsylvania Department of Health by phone and complied with their request for e-mailed questions, which include the number of cases (suspected / confirmed) as well as unsubtypables, including relationship of fair cases to unsubtypable added by CDC for week 33, which ended August 20 and still list one case

http://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/weeklyarc ... regt34.htm

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:38 am 

niman wrote:
niman wrote:

Tom Skinner

Genbank has replied. They are checking (and quite interested).

Genbank has also sent an auto-reply indicating they have received the request from me and/or contact at Genbank.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:44 am 

niman wrote:
niman wrote:

Tom Skinner

GISAID has replied (auto-response). They are checking.

GISAID has just released full sets of sequences from PA/09/2011, collected 8/20/11, PA/11/2011, collected 8/25/11, partial sequence from PA/10/2011 collected 7/27/11, and IN/08/2011 collected 07/27/11 (earlier sequence wa collected 07/24/11.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:53 am 

A/Pennsylvania/09/2011 (2F) collected 8/20/11 has PB1 related to IN/08/11.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:56 am 

A/Pennsylvania/11/2011 (9F) collected 8/25/11 (five dys AFTER the fair ended) has PB1 (partial sequence) cloely related to IN/08/11.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:05 pm 

A/Pennsylvania/10/2011 is only a partial sequnece with no PB1 yet. It is from 9F and collected July 27, 2011. Its HA (401 BP) is IDENTICAL to 2011 PA sequences and closely related to IN sequences.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next