Rhiza Labs FluTracker Forum

The place to discuss the flu
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:02 pm 

ms4920 wrote:
Very interesting bit of info. Maybe we should all be getting Pneumovax, too. I think that Wotan, I am not sure and I know Happy both endorsed Pneumonia Vaccine.
I also know HIB vaccine is a big deal, too and many children are not vaccinated for this either.
Could be what is happening. Good find, Ron. :thumbsup:

Not in Ukraine.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:25 pm 

I see MS and others with comments that the the sky is not falling in. !!

Comparing this H1N1 to 1918 H1N1 in regards to wave patterns seems odd to me. Today is so different to then. What effect are anti virals and vaccines doing to the dynamics of this virus. What about speed of spread around the world today. 1000 X faster !!!

So there is so much we dont know. What we do know is the virus is mutating and I for one would rather gamble its not going to be ok than all is fine and will be. That way I can prepare and use commonsence.

Why are people so unprepared to think this thing is going to get nasty. The media and now the general public think it's a big Hoax. Surely this is just wishful thinking.

Nothing wrong with spreading a bit of fear in people so they and their governements can be somewhat prepared. Look at the Ukrainians. TOTALLY blissfully unaware and spend BILLIONS on their military but couldn't find $1 for Anti virals until it hit them like a ton of bricks.

People seem to be afraid of the truth and facts. For any skeptic out there ( myself included ) if you are going to question something please have the facts to back it up. I'm open to any debate and willing to be convinced of any side.

You read between the lines of that latest WHO 225G annoucement. They are getting concerned.

I'm hoping for the best.

Last edited by cpg on Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:00 pm 

cpg wrote:
You read between the lines of that latest WHO 225G annoucement. They are getting concerned.

I'm hoping for the best.

Actually, WHO has put out the announcement twice in less than a month, although this may have been done to beat the release of the Ukraine sequences, which renderd the numbers and statements obsolete.
The announcements cite 26 examples of D225G in fatal cases, but there have now been 29 examples of D225G/N in Ukraine alsone and 12 of the 29 had both D225G and D225N. Similarly, they did not have to address the fatal cluster at Duke Medical center.

Ironically, it is the over abundance of WHO head pats that has fuel the "fake pandemic" nonsense,

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:06 am 

niman wrote:
cpg wrote:

I'm hoping for the best.

Actually, WHO has put out the announcement twice in less than a month, although this may have been done to beat the release of the Ukraine sequences, which renderd the numbers and statements obsolete.
The announcements cite 26 examples of D225G in fatal cases, but there have now been 29 examples of D225G/N in Ukraine alsone and 12 of the 29 had both D225G and D225N. Similarly, they did not have to address the fatal cluster at Duke Medical center.

Ironically, it is the over abundance of WHO head pats that has fuel the "fake pandemic" nonsense,

WHO and CDC are not stupid, okay satisfy national governments, hiding data, minimizing the danger, but certainly do not want to end up in court, should they survive D225G / N !!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:36 am 

cpg wrote:
I see MS and others with comments that the the sky is not falling in. !!

Comparing this H1N1 to 1918 H1N1 in regards to wave patterns seems odd to me. Today is so different to then. What effect are anti virals and vaccines doing to the dynamics of this virus. What about speed of spread around the world today. 1000 X faster !!!

So there is so much we dont know. What we do know is the virus is mutating and I for one would rather gamble its not going to be ok than all is fine and will be. That way I can prepare and use commonsence.

Why are people so unprepared to think this thing is going to get nasty. The media and now the general public think it's a big Hoax. Surely this is just wishful thinking.

Nothing wrong with spreading a bit of fear in people so they and their governements can be somewhat prepared. Look at the Ukrainians. TOTALLY blissfully unaware and spend BILLIONS on their military but couldn't find $1 for Anti virals until it hit them like a ton of bricks.

People seem to be afraid of the truth and facts. For any skeptic out there ( myself included ) if you are going to question something please have the facts to back it up. I'm open to any debate and willing to be convinced of any side.

I'm hoping for the best.

There are many people who have a tendency not to consider the unexpected.
The unexpected places them clearly in a state of anxiety that can’t control and thus prefers to listen, read, see what can’t scare them.
So their "I" can rest easy.
Why should these people harass, reading what writes Dr. Niman or outlinine its FluTrackers?
Better to blindly believe the news tranquilizers and patience if
"Littlebird" and other FluTrackers, not being believed, end up in depression.
Final consideration: these people are then the first, when they are affected by the 'unexpected "to blame fate or another, but never with themselves!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:42 am 

ag1980 wrote:
niman wrote:
cpg wrote:

I'm hoping for the best.

WHO and CDC are not stupid, okay satisfy national governments, hiding data, minimizing the danger, but certainly do not want to end up in court, should they survive D225G / N !!

The WHO comments on D225G are at best delayed, so the assurances they offer are obsolete by the time their papers come out.
There record on D225G/N is abysmal, saying that the initial Ukraine sequences were not significant (a day before the sequneces were released), followed by backtracking a couple days later when Norway issed an alert. Similarly, Friday's WER used numbers that were swamped by the data that was reelased on Monday, and the concepts that the polymorphisms were not clustered in time or space, or that the changes were spontaneous copy errors, are silly at best.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:33 am 

Commentary

http://www.recombinomics.com/News/01271 ... sters.html

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:51 am 

niman wrote:

Dr. Niman, WHO and CDC follow the instructions from the governments and then manipulate the results of the chemical laboratory.
Their method of giving the news, very late or not to give or provide incorrect, is immediately understood by people like you, then, by those who want to and in any case, must have a minimum of scientific knowledge.
But 99.99% of people, unfortunately, thanks to the media, accepting them as true.
Besides I do not think it is fair to give incorrect information, just because the 99.99% is not able to understand that they are telling lies.
The game of disinformation in the history of the A / H1N1/2009 is started very early, although officially in April of 2009.

Transcript of the Press Conference undertaken with
Dr Keiji Fukuda, Assistant Director-General ad. Interim
for Health Security and Environment
World Health Organization
26 April 2009
... ....
Let me take the situations. In the United States as of the April 25, yesterday, there were 11 laboratory-confirmed human cases of this swine influenza H1N1 virus. Seven of these infections occurred in people in California, two in Texas, two in Kansas.
... ....
Moreover we know that in Mexico there have been at least 1.000 cases of respiratory illness that were reported when the authorities have been studying this situation in April and among these cases there have been about 71 deaths. But I want to point out, these are cases of respiratory illness and we do not really know Whether these cases represent a lot of swine 'flu infections or very few swine' flu infections and so as investigations continue, we hope to have a better picture on this information.
……..

What has left me puzzled is why the WHO has lost the months to decide which vaccine to prepare the pharmaceutical industry, after finding that the swine flu virus H1N1 was practically eliminating circulating virus H1N1, H3N2 and B?
Would not be sufficient to prepare a vaccine with the D225G, which must have already seen, at least to April 2009, in people died of pneumonia, in Mexico?
May not know anything about the influence Spain?
What was to prepare a vaccine for seasonal flu and one for this new virus?
The greatest danger was represented by the mortality of the disease (D225G was already present).
Although the vaccine with D225G had arrived in October, would provide more guarantees of the season or the one for the A / H1N1/2009 without D225G.
I suppose they know the sequences; they understand the gravity, but governments have blocked them (well I think there's a permanent rule to withhold the news), then there must be trade agreements, for the seasonal vaccine, with the pharmaceutical industry.
I have the impression that the WHO is having fun to make you angry, as when they changed D225G to D222G and quoting Norway instead of the Ukraine.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:22 pm 

I know the WHO and CDC know the gravity of this mutation. I believe they are closely monitoring it and am sure they will keep a grip on this.
Everyone is so pessimistic about the WHO, they have tons of scientists, you think they are just sitting there not watching this unfold.
Only time will tell what happens, we did what were supposed to do with the vaccine, so we have no control over this, so we have to wait and see.
IMO and I am not hiding my head in the sand like nothing is going to happen. It may or it may not. No one knows that is why it is being followed closely by the whole world.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:47 pm 

MS

I notice a distinct change in your thinking. From a real doubter and willing to have a go at any ''bad'' news to a more neutral ''wait and see''.

The pendulum is swinging it seems.

Of course the WHO know whats going on today but they keep feeding us their propaganda, bit by bit .

It seems that only bodies in the street will make them come out with a 'Panic get prepared' announcement. Not before, even if the the data points to it. They obviously don't believe in prepare for the worst hope for the best. Hence people will die needlessly. Thats why they are a hazard to world health.

I believe a bit of fear is a good thing. Especially with unpredicable viruses.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next