Rhiza Labs FluTracker Forum

The place to discuss the flu
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:50 am 

ecoparity wrote:
More ammunition for the Luddites I'm afraid. How long until a new vaccine can be created?

For the cold adapted virus, they have already cloned out a traget with D225G. Might also have one for killed vaccine since D225G was in the original stocks from California.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:29 am 

Commentary

http://www.recombinomics.com/News/11270 ... Evade.html

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:52 am 

Well my minds made up now. My family and I wait for the new D225G vaccine as I deduct the current one will soon not work. My decision based on antedontal evidence.

Ive been thinking this would happen when D225G first emerged.

Its summer here and swine flu is not a issue at the moment. Add GSKs bad batch = I wait with my relenza handy.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:23 am 

niman wrote:
Cascadians wrote:
Thx ... what does "may select for" mean? "allow for more focus?"

No, the select for refers to prior exposures generating antibodies that kill the wild type. The killing of wild type selects for D225G (it becomes dominnat because its competition (wild type) has been eliminated by the antibodies generate against wil type. Thus, after the antibodies kill off wild type, all that is left is D225G (the selection favored the survival and dominance of D225G).

So that means that D225G is allowed to go nuts and invade the lungs as no immunity from imune system or vaccine !!!!

I hope I have this wrong but thats what im getting from this, or should i only get worried when i hear about it in a months time from WHO and CDC.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:24 am 

niman wrote:
ecoparity wrote:
More ammunition for the Luddites I'm afraid. How long until a new vaccine can be created?

For the cold adapted virus, they have already cloned out a traget with D225G. Might also have one for killed vaccine since D225G was in the original stocks from California.

question for Dr Niman:
writing from europe , had the vaccine Pandemrix from glaxo (the one available mostly in europe with adjuvants)
-I think it is a vaccine with "killed vaccine"?? am I right?
-is it giving me a substantial protection against AH1N1 wit this D225G ?
(because of the adjuvants ? or the presence of D25G in Pandemrix?)
I´m totally confused ...many thx in advance!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:07 am 

niman wrote:
Cascadians wrote:
Thx ... what does "may select for" mean? "allow for more focus?"

No, the select for refers to prior exposures generating antibodies that kill the wild type. The killing of wild type selects for D225G (it becomes dominnat because its competition (wild type) has been eliminated by the antibodies generate against wil type. Thus, after the antibodies kill off wild type, all that is left is D225G (the selection favored the survival and dominance of D225G).

Let me see if I have this correct:
The vaccination campaign that has currently been underway is actually HELPING the new, more virulent D225G strain to become predominant, by eliminating the less virulent strain?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:08 am 

TMV

Thats how i read it to.

Oh Dear.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:58 am 

If there is a shred of moral fibre in the MSM, WHO, CDC etc. this would be front page news. But we know that is unlikely. I have passed this along in "commonspeak" to at least 500 people with reference to the commentary from Recombinomics. This has some serious implications.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:51 am 

Thx. It seems being able to handle the wild portion is at least a start.

Would it be accurate to say that for an individual with some wild resistance this is less a problem than the 'naive' populess? Or does it mean the virus will become so dominant with D225G that "resistance is futile?"

Forgive my ignorance; I'm trying to understand if prior infection / vaccination is to that exposed individual's advantage or detriment, and why.

It sounds like prior infection/vaccination is a slight individual advantage but evolutionarily puts pressure on H1N1 to select the D225G version for more virulent attack and "fresh meat for dinner." Right or wrong?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:08 am 

Cascadians wrote:
Thx. It seems being able to handle the wild portion is at least a start.

Would it be accurate to say that for an individual with some wild resistance this is less a problem than the 'naive' populess? Or does it mean the virus will become so dominant with D225G that "resistance is futile?"

Forgive my ignorance; I'm trying to understand if prior infection / vaccination is to that exposed individual's advantage or detriment, and why.

It sounds like prior infection/vaccination is a slight individual advantage but evolutionarily puts pressure on H1N1 to select the D225G version for more virulent attack and "fresh meat for dinner." Right or wrong?

D225G's role is to "serve man".

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next