Rhiza Labs FluTracker Forum

The place to discuss the flu
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 268 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:00 am 

SteveMartin wrote:
Well...based on Dr. Niman's expert tracking he claimed on these boards weeks ago that we would all be clambering for the vaccine by now.

How's that working out?

Where I am very, very few are sick, and those who are are mostly school kids who were vaccinated for H1N1.

Those who are not trying to get vaccinated by now, are rather lost (or heavily influenced by wackadoodle). The pandemic is cranking up, as seen by mounting deaths worldwide and the spread of D225G. Its a pretty easy call.

Last edited by niman on Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:43 am 

Thanks, Dr. Niman, your posts and predictions have been right on.

As I waited in a 1/2 mile line for an hour and a half last Saturday with my 2 teenagers (at one of four local H1N1 vaccine distribution points in Pittsburgh), I hoped there would be enough vaccine that people wouldn't get too crazy. As it turned out, I called my contact at the local health dept., jumped to the front of the line (saving about another 2 hours), and donated 4 hours to giving vaccines myself. Everyone was polite and even-tempered, and the vaccine didn't run out. Whew!

I personally know of another 21 yo young man who passed away last week; hasn't been oficially listed as H1N1 with underlying co-morbidities, but that should come out in a few weeks. I am seeing the exact situations that Dr. Niman describes/predicts; I hope more discussion followers become believers.

Thanks to all for your attentiveness to the details!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:01 pm 

I still think Dr. Niman is correct about an upcoming "panic" (vaccine and/or otherwise). The timing is just a little off because of WHO/CDC spin. Nothing like a little spin to put off the inevitable.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:38 pm 

saraseer wrote:
I still think Dr. Niman is correct about an upcoming "panic" (vaccine and/or otherwise). The timing is just a little off because of WHO/CDC spin. Nothing like a little spin to put off the inevitable.

Yes, the spinning is quite active, and levels are declining so the panic may hit in early January, but by then it will be more severe and spread to countries without vaccine. The need for a vaccine will be all to real as D225G speads and H274Y and E627K become common. The pandemic is still in its early phase.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:20 pm 

California is going to be in bigger trouble than we are already in. So watch what happens here. I feel sorry for all the people that want the vaccine and cannot get it

Hopefully they will get it to us faster than they have been doing.

Initially they put a January fulfilled date, so that is probably when it will be. :(

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:36 pm 

WRT the CDC and WHO spin:
The direction/nature of spin seems to have been consistent over the last month or two -- however this week's statement from the WHO statement warning of h5n1 resurgence/recombination seems inconsistent. I had assumed that WHO/CDC spin/data-hording was due to a desire to quell public anxiety -- it seems like the h5n1 statement is not consistent with my assumption. Any thoughts

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:42 pm 

BcDeL wrote:
WRT the CDC and WHO spin:
The direction/nature of spin seems to have been consistent over the last month or two -- however this week's statement from the WHO statement warning of h5n1 resurgence/recombination seems inconsistent. I had assumed that WHO/CDC spin/data-hording was due to a desire to quell public anxiety -- it seems like the h5n1 statement is not consistent with my assumption. Any thoughts

One of the NA markers from Ukraine is from H5N1.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:26 pm 

1) When did this NA marker show up?

2) What does that mean relative to spreadability, virulencability?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 268 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27