Rhiza Labs FluTracker Forum

The place to discuss the flu
It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:11 am 

I couldn't figure out how to get the link on this on off FT via Florida1, I know I'm not supposed to reproduce whole story so I grabbed bits. Note the rapid fall into severe cases and death in some patients.

A severe outbreak of Shandong flow in the first weeks of this month surge in 15 cases of death

【大纪元12月9日讯】(大纪元记者姜斌采访报导)山东省甲流疫情发展迅速,日趋严峻,仅仅官方山东省卫生 厅12月仅第一周承认的新增甲型H1N1流感确诊病例564例,其中重症病例达到89例,死亡 15例。
By Reuters December 9 (Jiang Bin interview with Associated Press reports)

A flow of the epidemic in Shandong Province has developed rapidly become more acute, only the official Health Department of Shandong Province in December is only recognized in the first week of new confirmed cases of Influenza A H1N1 influenza 564 cases, of which severe cases to 89 cases, 15 cases died.
死亡比例比11月份之前的3例大幅度的攀升达500%。

The proportion of deaths in November than in the previous three cases have risen up to 500%.
尽管官方报导数字比之前有所上升,但是当地百姓认为目前医院拒绝提供甲流检测,难以掌握确切数字,那么报导 出来的根本不可能是真实的。

This is a 4-year-old male patient, November 13 influenza-like symptoms, pneumonia, respiratory failure, was admitted to Weihai Municipal Hospital for treatment.
11月14日经威海市疾控中心检测,甲型H1N1流感病毒核酸呈阳性。
November 14 by the Weihai City CDC testing, influenza A H1N1 influenza virus nucleic acid positive.
后经专家组会诊,患儿有肺炎、呼吸窘迫综合征、呼吸衰竭、心力衰竭等合并症,确诊为甲型H1N1流感危重病 例。
After the team of experts examined, children with pneumonia, respiratory distress syndrome, respiratory failure, heart failure and other complications, confirmed cases of influenza A H1N1 influenza critical.
之后患儿病情持续加重、进展迅速,于16日8时50分抢救无效死亡。
Children continued to increase after the condition has made rapid progress on at 8:50 on the 16th she died.
临床死亡诊断:甲型H1N1流感重症肺炎、心力衰竭、呼吸衰竭、感染性休克、全身炎症反应综合征并多器官功 能衰竭。

Diagnosis of clinical death: Influenza A H1N1 influenza severe pneumonia, heart failure, respiratory failure, septic shock, systemic inflammatory response syndrome and multiple organ failure.

This is a 4-year-old male patient, November 13 influenza-like symptoms, pneumonia, respiratory failure, was admitted to Weihai Municipal Hospital for treatment.
11月14日经威海市疾控中心检测,甲型H1N1流感病毒核酸呈阳性。
November 14 by the Weihai City CDC testing, influenza A H1N1 influenza virus nucleic acid positive.
后经专家组会诊,患儿有肺炎、呼吸窘迫综合征、呼吸衰竭、心力衰竭等合并症,确诊为甲型H1N1流感危重病 例。
After the team of experts examined, children with pneumonia, respiratory distress syndrome, respiratory failure, heart failure and other complications, confirmed cases of influenza A H1N1 influenza critical.
之后患儿病情持续加重、进展迅速,于16日8时50分抢救无效死亡。
Children continued to increase after the condition has made rapid progress on at 8:50 on the 16th she died.
临床死亡诊断:甲型H1N1流感重症肺炎、心力衰竭、呼吸衰竭、感染性休克、全身炎症反应综合征并多器官功 能衰竭。

Diagnosis of clinical death: Influenza A H1N1 influenza severe pneumonia, heart failure, respiratory failure, septic shock, systemic inflammatory response syndrome and multiple organ failure.
第二例死亡病例是11月24日德州市卫生局报告的,患者为25岁女性。
The second fatal case was November 24 Dezhou City Health Department report, the patient was 25 years old female.
11月17日出现发热症状,19日住院治疗,21日下午病情加重,临床诊断为重症肺炎、呼吸衰竭、心肌炎、 低蛋白血症、电解质紊乱,确诊为甲型H1N1流感危重病例,后于23日15时58分经抢救无效 死亡。
November 17 with fever symptoms, 19 hospitalized, 21 afternoon, sicker, clinical diagnosis of severe pneumonia, respiratory failure, myocarditis, hypoalbuminemia, electrolyte disorders, diagnosed as influenza A H1N1 influenza critical cases, after 23 Day by 15:58 she died.
死亡诊断:重型甲型H1N1流感、病毒性肺炎、急性呼吸窘迫综合征。
Death Diagnosis: Severe Influenza A H1N1 influenza, viral pneumonia, acute respiratory distress syndrome.
死亡原因:呼吸循环衰竭。
The cause of death: respiratory and circulatory failure.
11月28日,第三例死亡病例由山东省卫生厅新闻办公室发布,该男性患者40岁,11月5日出现发热症状, 12日入济宁市第一人民医院治疗,诊断为甲型H1N1流感危重病例、急性呼吸窘迫综合症,患者病情持续加重 ,于28日3时40分死亡。
November 28, the third cases of deaths by the Shandong Provincial Health Department press office released, the male patients 40 years old, November 5 fever symptoms on the 12th into the First People's Hospital of Jining City, was diagnosed as influenza A H1N1 influenza Severe cases, acute respiratory distress syndrome, patient's condition continued to increase, on at 3:40 on the 28th death.
进入12月以来,疫情发展极为严峻,第一周就新增甲型H1N1流感确诊病例564例,其中重症病例达到89 例,有些重症患者病情发展十分迅速,目前新增死亡病例官方报导就有15例。
Entered in December since the development of the outbreak is very difficult, in the first week of additional cases of influenza H1N1 confirmed 564 cases of influenza, including severe cases to 89 cases, some patients with severe disease developed very rapidly, and currently there are additional deaths were officially reported 15 cases of .

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:31 am 

Doctors are now hopeful feigning no resistant bacteria on the forefront.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=inf ... 3280774868

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:42 pm 

NovaScotia33 wrote:
Note the rapid fall into severe cases and death in some patients.

Thanks for the update. I purged Chinese characters and relied on original Chinese source:

Pandemic H1N1 Rapid deaths in Taiwan (Republic of China)
A severe outbreak of Shandong province (ROC)

By Reuters December 9 (Jiang Bin interview with Associated Press reports)

A severe outbreak of Shandong flow in the first weeks of this month surge in 15 cases of death By Reuters December 9 (Jiang Bin interview with Associated Press reports) A flow of the epidemic in Shandong Province has developed rapidly become more acute, only the official Health Department of Shandong Province 12 On the first week only the recognition of new cases of influenza H1N1 confirmed 564 cases of influenza, including severe cases to 89 cases of death in 15 cases. The proportion of deaths in November than in the previous three cases have risen up to 500%. Although the official figures reported a rise than before, but the local people believe that the hospital refused to provide a current detection is difficult to grasp the exact number, then the report out of impossible is real.

A total flow ratio exceeds Jiucheng influenza

Reporter learned from Qingdao Municipal Health Bureau, Influenza A H1N1 flu has become the major epidemic strains of influenza, influenza-like illness has entered a peak period, with the escalation of the epidemic, prevalence will further increase the intensity. According to Health Ministry sources said that the current account of influenza A flow ratio of more than Jiucheng.

Chinese Medicine, Shandong Province, Vice-President, Respiratory, said Zhang Wei, chief physician, people with underlying diseases, such as heart disease, diabetes, chronic bronchitis and other diseases in patients, once infected with a flow more easily develop into severe cases. The current cases of severe disease in Shandong Province is also an increase in the trend, the official recognition of the week has increased by 89 people.
Case # 01

Case # 02
The second fatal case was November 24 Dezhou City Health Department report, the patient was 25 years old female.
November 17 with fever symptoms, 19 hospitalized, 21 afternoon, sicker, clinical diagnosis of severe pneumonia, respiratory failure, myocarditis, hypoalbuminemia, electrolyte disorders, diagnosed as influenza A H1N1 influenza critical cases, after 23 Day by 15:58 she died.
[shoud read November 23]
Death Diagnosis: Severe Influenza A H1N1 influenza, viral pneumonia, acute respiratory distress syndrome.
The cause of death: respiratory and circulatory failure.

Case # 03
November 28, [death] the third cases of deaths by the Shandong Provincial Health Department press office released, the male patients 40 years old, November 5 fever symptoms on the 12th into the First People's Hospital of Jining City, was diagnosed as influenza A H1N1 influenza Severe cases, acute respiratory distress syndrome, patient's condition continued to increase, on at 3:40 on the 28th death.

Entered in December since the development of the outbreak is very difficult, in the first week of additional cases of influenza H1N1 confirmed 564 cases of influenza, including severe cases to 89 cases, some patients with severe disease developed very rapidly, and currently there are additional deaths were officially reported 15 cases of death by Influenza A H1N1.

It is not that easy read across google translation (I assume "influenza virus nucleic acid positive" is a PCR test)
, but important features can be easily grasped: Short delays between hospital admission and death (cases #01 and #03).

Source URL: http://talk-km.org/gb/?entry=30 (in Chinese)
Text via google translation: http://translate.google.com/#

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:06 pm 

Much better neuromedia, thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:23 pm 

http://www.scotsman.com/scotland/Scots- ... 5907426.jp

Family left in shock as 'healthy' young mother dies after catching swine flu
Published Date: 10 December 2009
By ALISON MANN
A YOUNG mother has died of swine flu just a month after giving birth to her second child.
Marianne Johnston, 20, was fit and healthy according to her family, who have been left stunned at her sudden death.

Ms Johnston, from Faifley, Clydebank, contracted the virus soon after giving birth to Leon on 27 October.

But within weeks of having the child, on 29 November, Ms Johnston died, leaving behind the newborn, her one-year-old son Jay and partner William Laird, 21.

The Scottish Government has linked Ms Johnston's death to "underlying health problems" but her family have insisted the only factors involved were the normal stresses of childbirth

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:42 am 

The article says she died of a seizure and flu-like symptoms, but doesn't say if it was h1n1 or not....

http://www.news-press.com/article/20091 ... h-too-soon

Piper Buckley's family tries to make sense of Fort Myers life ended much too soon

Quote:
The 3-year-old Fort Myers girl spent the morning dragging a Pluto dog toy that could be walked on a leash. She pretended to slumber with her American Girl doll in the doll’s new bed.

That afternoon, Piper’s father put her down for a nap.
She never woke up.

Doctors said Piper, who was born prematurely, died of a seizure and flu-like symptoms.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:25 am 

Maine. On November 12, 2009, the Maine Center for Disease Control and Prevention conducted an investigation of a 2009 H1N1--related death in a patient from a 125-bed LTCF with 175 staff members. The patient was an ambulatory man aged 72 years who became ill on November 9, 2009, and died on November 10 of respiratory failure; http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm5903a3.htm

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:32 am 

G-2 MBG wrote:
Maine. On November 12, 2009, the Maine Center for Disease Control and Prevention conducted an investigation of a 2009 H1N1--related death in a patient from a 125-bed LTCF with 175 staff members. The patient was an ambulatory man aged 72 years who became ill on November 9, 2009, and died on November 10 of respiratory failure; http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm5903a3.htm

You know I had my mom tested for H1n1 by PCR and came back negative, but in my heart I know something within that facility gave her some type of organism that killed her. It was the fastest onset I had ever seen and every one of the young staff were very ill at the time with fevers and coughs etc. My mother had dementia and she did not know how to wash her hands anymore I would always tell her and the staff would cough and I would tell them could you either cover your cough or go home. Some actually had fevers, and came in but were sent home after a couple of hours. It is horrible for these patients. It is the saddest thing I have seen besides Haiti :cry:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:40 pm 

I think this story belongs here. I think it is a recent death but not sure. I'm surprised it hasn't been posted. It's a news interview this this girl's parents. Broke my heart :cry:

http://www.jellofart.com/h1n1-takes-a-teen-girls-life/

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:41 am 

Hopeful2 wrote:
I think this story belongs here. I think it is a recent death but not sure. I'm surprised it hasn't been posted. It's a news interview this this girl's parents. Broke my heart :cry:

http://www.jellofart.com/h1n1-takes-a-teen-girls-life/

This needs to be sent to Littlebird as she said " always trust your MD" Yeah, watch this one littlebird and NIman.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next