Rhiza Labs FluTracker Forum

The place to discuss the flu
It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:42 am 

It seems to me that the CDC is hanging the health of our Nation on a flimsy hook. Their whole strategy for containing this virus relies completely upon the patient. It relies upon the patient recognizing the signs and symptoms of Ebola, and readily seeking out help while avoiding contact with anyone. It depends upon them NOT being in denial (like Patrick Sawyer was)....

it depends upon the patient being conscious enough to GIVE the E.R. (or the EMS system) a travel history and completely filling them in on what their working diagnosis should be.

It depends upon them remaining awake and alert, and not passing out in a public place or getting sick and vomiting in a public place or having severe diarrhea in a public place... or having a fever and sweating in a public place, possibly contaminating anything their sweat touches. IT depends entirely upon them walking into an Emergency room willingly with a complete travel history, and list of common symptoms on hand.

Our public health is literally in their hands. We hope and pray they don't pass out while driving and end up coming into the E.R as a trauma patient instead of somebody with flu like symptoms.... talk about disaster!

because without a recent travel history, that patient will NOT be "Rapidly" isolated (like the CDC wants you to believe.) They'll be placed in a room, maybe even with other patients, and they will see a hoard of healthcare workers within a few hours. If they're unconscious... they will be treated like ANY other patient. And that's the problem I have with the current "plan" of letting anybody and everybody fly into and out of an Ebola ravaged country. It doesn't make bit of sense unless you're wanting it to spread.

'Twas built in a wood,
Where an owl at the door
For sentinel stood."

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:52 am 

And what about WHO not only claiming that the risk of spread by air travel is low, but also actually coming out and recommending against air travel bans into and out of the worst-hit countries?!

I don't get it. :scratch:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:22 pm 

Quote, "it's the economy", end quote.

Even trying my best to refrain myself from acting the total conspiracy whacko, I think denial (media and govts) for the purpose of buying time is now evident.