Rhiza Labs FluTracker Forum

The place to discuss the flu
It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:57 pm 

This is from Breitbart, a website that has heretofore been characterized as "wacko". I'm posting the article anyway, because the information in it is verifiable.
http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-Texa ... -Ambulance
Quote:
Dallas Paramedic: We Weren’t Contacted After Working in Ebola Exposed Ambulance
by Bob Price 2 Oct 2014, 9:35 AM PDT

HOUSTON, Texas -- A Dallas paramedic claimed he drove the ambulance that the US Ebola patient was transported in and that he was not contacted by anyone about the potential exposure.

He claims he drove the ambulance sometime after the patient was transported. The Dallas Fire Department left the ambulance that transported Ebola patient Thomas Duncan to the hospital in service for at least 48 hours before putting it in quarantine on Wednesday. The ambulance was exposed to the Ebola virus when Duncan was transported on September 28th.

“All the people in the back of the ambulance 48 hours later before they finally took the ambulance out of service,” said Dallas Paramedic Geoffrey Aklinski in a discussion on Facebook, “none of them have been contacted. None of the paramedics that were on that shift and went in the ambulance were contacted. I’ve been off three days now. No one contacted me and I was in and drove that ambulance after it was infected.”

Aklinski said he was going to a doctor on his own initiative to be tested for the Ebola virus. “This is definitely a concern and exposed workers have not been contacted or tested… like me,” he explained. “I had to call into control in Dallas at 8 pm and complain to get evaluated.”

“Three days after the fact,” an exasperated Aklinski stated, “I had to demand exposure testing and they are reporting following up with all the people in the ambulance??? Bull crap!!! They haven’t even followed up with the ten firefighters that were on duty Sunday.”

Aklinski went further in explaining the frustration he and most likely, other firefighters, are feeling. “How do you not test and contact the firefighters at the station on Sunday!!! Only the two medics and the intern on the ambulance? I was freaking in that ambulance hours later driving it!!! No one bothered to contact me about it?!!!”

He went on to say he has contacted other news outlets and they won’t report his side of the story. “They just go with the official reports,” Aklinski stated.

Aklinski said he is going in for testing today and then will go into a 21 day home evaluation period.

Breitbart Texas contacted the Dallas Fire and Rescue Department and the Dallas Firefighters’ Association for comment. No response was immediately available.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:39 pm 

If this is true it's criminal. I can see the lawsuits now...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:32 pm 

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/texas-ebol ... d=25962123
Quote:
[...]

Patients in Ambulance Used to Transport Duncan to Be Monitored

At least one of the 50 people being monitored for Ebola symptoms in Dallas had traveled in the ambulance used to transport Duncan to the hospital on September 28, CDC Director Tom Freiden said today.

Freiden emphasized that people traveling in the ambulance after Duncan would be monitored “as a precaution” due to their possible contact.

Freiden confirmed none of the 50 people being monitored had any symptoms of the virus.

[...]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:59 pm 

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ebola- ... in-n218816
Quote:
Authorities Search for Homeless Man Exposed to Dallas Ebola Patient
CDC Head: 'We're Stopping Ebola in Its Tracks in Dallas'

Love the juxtaposition of headline and sub-headline there. :rotfl:

Last edited by saraseer on Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:03 pm 

http://thescoopblog.dallasnews.com/2014 ... ient.html/
Quote:
Police, county sheriff’s deputies looking for man who rode in ambulance after Ebola patient

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:03 pm 

What are the odds of catching what Frieden has? :banghead:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:07 pm 

Quote:
What are the odds of catching what Frieden has? :banghead:

Infinitely more dangerous than Ebola. :rolleyes:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:19 pm 

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/health/2 ... /16764107/
Quote:
Homeless man who rode in Ebola patient's ambulance found
Tanya Eiserer, WFAA 1:29 p.m. CDT October 5, 2014

[...]

Dallas Fire-Rescue ambulance No. 37 was taken out of service on Tuesday, but has since been put back into service after being decontaminated.

[...]

Ambulance taken out of service Tuesday, 09/30/14, at which point, evidently, they decontaminated it. Two days after Duncan was transported to the hospital in it, as the original report from the EMTs stated.