Version 1.0 of the Rules, posted Sun Nov 8, 2009:Rules of the Rhiza Labs FluTracker Forum» Overview
The Rhiza Labs FluTracker Forum is a public forum dedicated to providing an online resource to provide current relevant information to the public on the progression of Influenza Pandemics starting with the 2009 H1N1 pandemic virus. Our primary goal is to provide near real time, location specific information on H1N1 infections and deaths. This site survives on the countless hours our volunteers spend looking for and posting these cases. We appreciate each and every one of our volunteers, and if you would like to help, please let us know. All users opinions and views are welcome as long as they are expressed respectfully in the appropriate sections on the board.
Reasonable community standards will be upheld. Any user of this forum can be banned from the forum at the administrator's discretion or by suggestion from individual forum moderators.» Community Standards
- This group is an "All Ages" group. Please respect that we may have minors here.
- Respectful Behavior - Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Typical back and forth on the issues is expected and encouraged. But, please discuss the issues in a way that that is respectful to others. Differences of opinion are fine, but please agree to disagree in order to avoid flame wars. No personal attacks, no vendettas and no detrimental venting will be tolerated and efforts should be made to avoid stereotyping other users. Users are encouraged to approach discussions and debates with the goal of finding mutual understanding and respect. We will not tolerate excessive rudeness, overly insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters. Please bear in mind that everyone here has a right to their own opinions, which may or may not change from time to time. Please also remember that there are people who are not as well educated concerning the different subjects on this forum as you may be. Try to be understanding and remember when you were in their shoes instead of being condescending.
- Please do not bring drama from other lists, groups, forums, etc., on or off line here.
- Respect Bandwidth - Members should respect the bandwidth of other users and sites. Inline image tags that point to data stored on third party systems the user has not received permission to link to, may be removed.
- Personal conversations do not belong in the forum posts. Please take them to private e-mail or PM.
- If you have a question, please do not hesitate to ask. We will do our best to answer them. The only dumb question is the one not asked. Please remember that we are volunteers and may not know the answer to your questions.
- Please do not use internet slang in your posts. Members should post in a way that is consistent with "normal writing". That is; users should not post excessive numbers of emoticons, large, small or coloured text, etc. Similarly, users should not SHOUT or excessive punctuation marks such as ! and ? The mods will B 4ced to moder8 ur posts if u choose 2 ignore this.
- Please treat all posts as private. Do not forward discussion off list without the author's permission.
- Please quote the relevant text and cite the source link for your post.
- Please do not role-play on the list. Please take it to private e-mail or PM.
- Occasionally we may discuss material which may be offensive, unsettling and graphic. Please realize this is not meant to annoy you. If you find a thread offensive, please ignore the thread, and do not read the posts with that heading.
- The mods are here to keep order in the group, remove spammers, and be of service. They are not your parents.
- Posting pornographic or generally offensive text, images, links, etc. that violate the Rhiza Labs FluTracker community standards will not be tolerated.
- All forum rules where applicable also apply to private messaging.
The Rhiza Labs FluTracker team shall be the sole arbitrator of what does and what does not violate community standards.» Intellectual Property Policy
Members are asked to respect the copyright of other users, sites, media, etc. and not to post copyrighted material on this site. All third-party content (ie: content not authored by you specifically for this forum) should be posted in an excerpted form that conforms with standard Fair Use principles. It is strongly recommended that you use the following format to refer to third-party content:
Title of Content (title should be linked to the source)
Name of Source
Your short description of what the content is about written in your own words, or if you have to, the first couple of sentences of content. It is never acceptable to copy and paste the entire content of an article printed elsewhere on the web, regardless of whether you have permission to do so or not.
URL of source content in http://www.sourceABCcontent.org/blah.html
Since there are many thousands of possible sources spread out across the Internet, it is impossible for us to know if a posting represents a copyright infringement. The author of a posting is responsible for ensuring that his/her message does not violate any existing copyrights.» Spam Policy
Spam is not tolerated here under any circumstance. Spam as defined on this forum, includes (but may not be limited to):
* Commercial and Solicitation activity: The Rhiza Labs FluTracker Forum is not intended to be used for any commercial activity or solicitation whatsoever. This means there is to be no advertising or promoting of any commercial service of any kind by any vendor. Any vendor who posts their service, product, etc will have all their posts removed and will be banned from using the forum. We do not allow people to send private messages or emails to users here that advertise or solicit any products, services, funds or donations. Explicit advertising and solicitating in signatures is also prohibited.
* Repetitive postings: Users who post the same posting in multiple threads will have all of their posts removed and will be banned from using the forum.» Member Account Information
Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed. Members are expected to provide accurate information for themselves.
» Relevance of Posting
Posts are to be made in the relevant forum. Users are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting.» Avatars
Users are permitted to utilize a gallery avatar or to link to one of their own (subject to previous points on misuse of bandwidth). User defined avatars are to be no larger than 90 pixels square, contain no animation, contain no image which attempts to portray the user as having an official status here (e.g. mimicking ranks or copying avatars of team members), may not exceed 6kB (6000 Bytes) in filesize and have a consistently high availability (i.e. links to images on slow servers or those prone to failure may be removed).
Avatars are subject to the same conditions as posts with respect decency, and so forth.» Signatures
Signatures may contain up to five lines (one line being that displayed on a browser opened to 800px width) of text (of small or normal size) and/or one image, valid combinations include; a single image of no more than 60px high, 468px wide and 6kB (6000 Bytes) in size. Signatures containing an image this large may also include one line of small size text. Signatures containing an image of 30px high may include up to three lines of small size text or two lines of normal size text. Images of 15px height or less may allow up to three lines of normal size text or four lines of small size text. Animated images are not allowed.
Text sizes should be between 75% and 100% (small and normal). Text in signatures is subject to the same conditions as posts with respect decency, emoticons, and so forth.
Links in signatures are permitted to a maximum of four unique pages or sites.
A link and promotional text for a site that is not commercial and does not contain product(s) and/or service(s) is allowed, provided the site is not sexual or does not violate Rhiza Labs FluTracker community standards. The Rhiza Labs FluTracker team shall be the sole arbitrator of what does and what does not violate community standards. (Examples include sites about drugs and/or sex.)
Duplicate links to the same URL in a signature are not allowed.» Privacy
While these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently the administrators and moderators reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way. The determination of what is a violation as noted in these points is up to administrators and moderators, not users.
Rhiza Labs FluTracker operates a three strike policy. Users will be warned a maximum of three times for any and all offences in a three month period. If the need arises for a fourth warning a temporary ban will be put in place of between 1 to 7 days.
Arguing with team members after having received a warning will lead to an immediate additional warning. Should this exceed three strikes a temporary ban will be put in place as above.
Users who feel they have been unfairly warned are welcome to make a complaint in the Feedback section or by PM to the Administrator. If they feel you were treated badly they may remove a warning.
Any attempt to circumvent a temporary ban will lead to that ban being made permanent. Circumvention includes re-registering under a non-banned username, changing IP addresses to evade an IP ban, registering a new email account to evade an email ban. Circumvention includes posting as an anonymous user.
An exception to the three strike rule applies when users contact team members personally (via any method) and post spam, insulting, indecent or vulgar material. Such users may be subject to an immediate permanent ban.
Permanent bans are a last resort and thought is given before implementing them. While Rhiza Labs FluTracker may consider lifting permanent bans from time to time this is a rare occurrence.» Indemnification
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold Rhiza Labs, LLC. and its affiliates, employees, directors, officers, representatives and service providers harmless from and against any and all claims, demands, actions, costs, liabilities, losses and damages of any kind (including attorneys' fees) resulting from your use of the Rhiza Labs FluTracker Forum or any material that you place or allow to be placed on, transmit or allow to be transmitted through, the Rhiza Labs FluTracker Forum.